3D Digital Artist
Quantum Signal AI (a Ford AV, LLC. subsidiary) is a research and development company with a focus on simulation, mobile robotics, and autonomous vehicle technologies. We are looking for an elite 3D Graphic Artist to bring the real-world into the virtual!
- Develop digital art pipelines and tool chains for a variety of real-time engine applications
- Organize, document, and version control 3D environments and assets to promote reuse
- Collaborate with software, simulation, and research engineers within multi-disciplinary project teams
- Create 3D assets and animations
- Create 3D, realistic, and dimensionally accurate environments with a focus on road networks
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to adapt workflows and approaches to varied project needs and schedules
- Work independently with only broad guidance and know when help/clarification is needed
- Demonstrable proficiency with Autodesk Maya, 3ds Max, or similar
- 5 years of industry experience, including internships
- Certification or associate degree in digital arts or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in digital arts or related field
- 3D art pipeline development, asset organization, and management
- Experience with a variety of tools and engines (e.g., Autodesk, 3ds, Blender, Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- Real-time graphics performance optimization (e.g., level-of-detail, mesh complexity, material packaging, shaders, etc.)
- Scripting and digital art workflow automation
- Road network file formats and conversions
- Environment creation from HD maps or scans
- Humility and the ability to accept feedback
- Team or project leadership
Why Quantum Signal AI?
We are here to build great solutions to enable the future of autonomous technologies. Our team and environment supports and rewards creativity, intelligence, and hard work. If you like new challenges, learning, and varied work we are the company for you! We have a fun and relaxed work culture that consists of flexible hours, casual dress code, summer staff BBQs, game nights, lunchtime volleyball, ping pong tournaments, and the opportunity to learn new technologies.
We also offer a competitive salary with potential for bonuses. Our benefits include excellent health and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off, and 401k. Are you ready for the challenge? If so, send us your resume and cover letter today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.