Mechanical & Electrical Prototyping Technician
Full or Part Time Position
On-site in Saline, Michigan
Quantum Signal AI (a Ford AV, LLC subsidiary) is a research and development company with a focus on mobile robotics, and autonomous vehicle technologies, and simulation. We are looking for the "multi-tool" of Mechanical & Electrical Prototyping Technicians to help up fabricate the future (literally) of autonomous vehicle technologies!
Both full-time and part-time work schedules are available for this position
- Machine parts based on engineering models using various CNC machining equipment
- Create wiring harness assemblies using wiring diagrams
- General fabrication of prototype mechanical and electrical components and assemblies
- Follow simple testing procedures for sub-assemblies
- Collaborate with mechanical, electrical, and research engineers within multi-disciplinary project teams
- Keeps work areas clean and organized
- Maintain lab/machine shop equipment
- Adhere to safety protocols, suggests improvements
- Act as the trainer and safety monitor for the lab/machine shop
Skills and Qualifications:
- General fabrication and machining experience
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Work independently with only broad guidance and know when help/clarification is needed
- At least 2 years machining/prototyping/manufacturing
- Vocational education or associate degree
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. from the ground and stand for extended periods of time
- Experience with CAD/CAM and basic 3D modeling
- CNC machining/prototyping capabilities across various CNC machining equipment
- Basic welding skills (MiG & TiG) with both steel and aluminum
- Sheet metal fabrication
- Electrical soldering
- Ability to read and utilize wiring diagrams
- Humility and the ability to accept feedback
- Flexibility; able to work on a wide variety of projects/timelines; able to change quickly
- Bachelor's degree in engineering technology
Why Quantum Signal AI?
We are here to build great solutions to enable the future of autonomous technologies. Our team and environment support and rewards creativity, intelligence, and hard work. If you like new challenges, learning, and varied work we are the company for you! We have a fun and relaxed work culture that consists of flexible hours, casual dress code, summer staff BBQs, game nights, lunchtime volleyball, ping pong tournaments, and the opportunity to learn new technologies.
We also offer a competitive salary with potential for bonuses. Our benefits include excellent health and dental insurance, short- and long-term disability, life insurance, paid time off, and 401k. Are you ready for the challenge? If so, send us your resume and cover letter today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.