ANVEL 4.0 is the latest major release of the powerful robotics modeling and simulation software from Quantum Signal, LLC! Included in this version is long-awaited support for "headless" simulation, as well as new features:
- Headless functionality allows running ANVEL in simulation-only mode (no rendering, no GUI), simulation and rendering mode (no GUI), or the legacy GUI-enabled version.
- Multiple instances can run in parallel and with per-instance configuration, allowing for maximum flexibility and scalability.
- ROS/ANVEL plugins introduce support for ROS Kinetic on Ubuntu 16.04
- A new, highly performant lidar sensor plugin emulates the communications protocol of VLP-16 and HDL-32E sensors
- A new RTSP camera plugin allows efficient video streaming from simulated sensors over the network
- ANVEL External API updates add additional batch functionality to many calls
- New bundled vehicles and environments are included